March 9, 2014 - First Sunday in Lent
God of new life, as Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, renew and restore us to new life, leaving in the grave all that prevents us from loving you fully.
Conference Gatherings are this Sunday, March 9 to take a straw poll suggesting potential nominees for the office of Bishop of the NEOS. Voting members at this meeting are:
- Clergy on the roster of the Northeastern Ohio Synod and ordained ministers from a church body with which a relationship of full communion exists and are under service in a congregation of this synod
- Associates in Ministry and Deaconesses on the roster of the Northeastern Ohio Synod
- Synod officers and voting members of synod council
- Two lay voting members (one female and one male) from each congregation, congregation under development, or synodically authorized worshiping community
- One additional lay voting member from each congregation, congregation under development, or synodically authorized worshiping community provided that such additional member qualifies as a youth, young adult, person of color or person whose primary language is other than English.
- Some congregations are allowed one additional lay voting member based on membership reported on their 2012 congregational reports.
Please note that the requirement for the two lay voting members to be one female and one male will be observed.
The times and locations of the Gatherings are:
Akron/Wooster 2 pm at Grace, Wadsworth
Cleveland East 3 pm at Christ, Willoughby
Cleveland West 3 pm at Redeemer, Brook Park
Canton/Massillon 2 pm at St. Stephen Martyr, Canton
Eastern 3 pm at Zion, Youngstown
Richland/Ashland 3 pm at Zion, Loudonville
Southern 2 pm at Emmanuel, New Philadelphia
A weekly communication tool to keep members and visitors informed about upcoming church related events and activities taking place within the next few weeks.